POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP] : Re: 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 19th Century Schoolhouse [WIP]
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 14 Jan 2004 07:22:19
Message: <4005347b@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> I just finished the belfry on my 19th century schoolhouse model.  I've added
> quite a bit of detail in the last couple weeks.  Currently, I'm working on
> the back door, which is still lacking in this model, although it's not
> visible from this angle anyway.
>
> The snow is there just so that the ground isn't simply a plane.  I will
> probably do a winter scene, at some point.  My plan is to have multiple
> scenes, possibly inside and out, and possibly for various seasons.

Looks alright so far.. my main problem is with the sky (perhaps a bit
too purplish?) and the weird tint of the shadow on the snow, which seems
to be not only more saturated than the sky, but a different color as
well! I have a funny suspicion that this is just the effect of radiosity
and not really your fault, except inasmuch as you created the sky and
lighting, but it still bugs me. ^^;;

-Xplo